Seattle Voice Academy is seeking applicants for the 2019 internship program. Internships are available for Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. Each session runs approximately 3 months.
- 10 hours per week of supervising studio use and equipment. We have a mix of weekend, evening and daytime hours.
- Helping clean the studio.
- Assisting renters with small audio issues.
- Data Entry as needed.
- Copy Library maintenance as needed.
- Familiar with Mac computers.
- Office 365 skills.
- Comfort around technology and a willingness to learn more.
- Ability to get to Georgetown on time.
Skills that we will help foster:
- How to set up audio equipment.
- How to use different Digital Audio Software — including Audacity, Ocenaudio, Audition, Pro Tools.
- How to troubleshoot.
- For each season session, interns will receive up to 4 voiceover coaching sessions per month with current working staff.
Please apply directly by email to Amanda@seattlevoiceacademy.com. A cover letter, resume or CV and three references are required. Please indicate if your availability is weekend/daytime/evenings. Deadline to apply is April 30th.
Professional Sound Engineers
Part -time / gig work
We are looking for a competent Sound Engineer to record, mix and edit music and audio for our studios. You will set up and operate sound equipment during sessions and provide post-production services, depending on the gig, to ensure the best acoustic result.
- Follow instructions and details from directors, producers etc
- Set up and test sound equipment before events, broadcasts or recordings
- Record, edit and mix audio tracks
- Enhance sound quality and add sound effects to recordings – free of distortion or audio artifacts
- Create and maintain sound libraries
- Resolve technical issues when they arise
- Proven experience as sound engineer
- Technical expertise in sound engineering techniques (e.g. equalization)
- Experience with sound editing and recording equipment (e.g. mixing consoles)
- Working knowledge of recording software and hardware (e.g. Pro Tools, Audition, Audacity)
- Excellent communication skills
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Problem-solving abilities
- Excellent hearing and manual dexterity
- High school diploma; Degree in audio/sound engineering or related field is a plus
Please send cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.