There are two ways to work with us ONLINE!
- Take a live workshop through Zoom. All of our live courses are still live! They are just online. Here is the link to all those classes.
- Take a full course online — at your own pace. These are courses with online curriculum, workbooks, videos and you do all of it by yourself. Some have an option of booking an hour with us to test your skill. Here is the link to all those classes.
Also- students have been nervous about live classes on Zoom. It’s so much better than you think!! Trust us.
SVA Online E-Learning is here!
Editing Best Practices
You need to know how to edit. If you are “hoping” that your editing skills are good enough, they probably are not. And it’s costing you work. Your audition is up against EVERYONE in LA, London and NYC who DO know how to edit. So it really matters.
This class is taught by an actor (Shana) who knows ONLY what she needs to know to get the file edited. She will teach best practices to save you time and help your files sound professional. All of it from her home studio. In simple, understandable language. You watch on your own time at home.
Here’s what you learn:
- How to set levels so that editing is easier.
- How to determine your noise floor so that editing is easier.
- How to clean up your raw file (shown in multiple DAW- digital audio workstations).
- How to remove mouth noise and unwanted clicks.
- How to work with loud breaths.
- How to apply additional clean up with plugins. (Not too much here… since this gets more advanced than the scope of this course).
- How to save your files. And find them later. (This matters more than you think.)
- How to send your files.
What this course does not teach:
- How to interpret copy.
- Mic technique (beyond setting optimal levels).
- How to find work.
- What equipment to buy.
- How to set up a home studio. The class touches on noise floor/reflection but just barely.
$350 – payment plans — and includes a Zoom session and instructor feedback to check your work.
$250 – payment plans — online class only.
It’s ready to go! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
VO Basics – Learn a little bit before investing in a career
Have you heard a little bit about this profession and want to know more before diving all the way in with a six-week workshop? This short intro course will walk you through the changes in the industry, let you know more about home studios and give you tips on how to get started in any of the different VO worlds — including audiobooks, animation, video games, commercial work, eLearning and more.