The Seattle Voice Academy produces professional demo reels. We will make sure that you, and your agent, are happy with the results. The current trend for demo reels is approx. :60 for each voice-over niche.
Please note that we do not produce all types of demo reels. We specialize in Commercial, Video Game, Audiobook, and eLearning demo reels. We are happy to provide you with referrals for other types of demos. And… we recommend that you always listen to multiple demos from any demo producer before your commit to purchase, including us.
Video Game and Character
Ashley Klassen (teen)
Siobhan Gross (kid)
- Step One: SVA staff will meet with you to assess what kind of copy and which VO genres best fit your voice. We will help you find and edit new copy. This is something that both the staff and student both do – to create reels that reflect the talent’s personality. If you’re also a writer, do consider writing some of your own copy!
- Step Two: Help you with vocal and/or speech issues you’re curious or concerned about. If you’re interested in character voices, we also teach a really fun system for creating a wide variety of voices in a short about of time.
- Step Three: Rehearse your reel with you. We record these rehearsals, listen back to them, tweak anything that needs tweaking, and then do it again…and again…and again. Limit 6 hours of sessions. This includes reviewing your rehearsal mp3’s online and giving feedback via mp3.
- Step Four: Direct you during the recording session.
- Step Five: Edit the reel after music and sound effects are added, until we are satisfied with the final product.
- Cost: $850 for each :60 demo reel. Payment plans accepted.